Intro to scrambling and mountaineering course
Are you a hillwalker who is looking to tackle more challenging terrain? Do you want to do it safely and efficiently? Are you ready to take your first steps as a mountaineer?
Spend either two or four days with our experienced instructors on our Intro to Scrambling and Mountaineering Course. We will introduce you to the delights of scrambling in the mountains of the Lake District or Snowdonia.
We believe strongly in tailored and bespoke courses for you as a mountaineer. This means that we can focus 100% on your ambitions, rapidly develop your skills, and accelerate your journey to becoming a competent scrambler and mountaineer.
In addition to heading out and doing loads of scrambling, here’s an idea of the technical areas that we tend to cover on this course.
- Experience different grades of scrambling and mountaineering routes in the safe hands of our instructors. Understand the difference between a Grade 1 and a Grade 3.
- Get coaching on movement skills to help you move quickly yet safely on technical terrain.
- Learn about technical and personal kit and how to use it safely.
- Discover rope techniques to safeguard the tricky sections you encounter when scrambling.
- Learn how to abseil and descend safely.
- Learn about guidebook interpretation, choosing your line, and reading the route.
The two-day course covers as much as time allows, and we fit in as much as we can! To really develop your skills, our comprehensive four day course gives us loads of scope for moving you on significantly as a scrambler and mountaineer.
This course can run from pretty much anywhere in the mountains of the Lake District, Snowdonia, or in Scotland via our sister company Highland Ascents.
We also offer a variety of other scrambling and mountaineering courses, including the following. But if you can’t find what you’re looking for, then just get in touch so we can set up a bespoke course for you.
- Guided scrambling – experience amazing guided scrambles and mountaineering routes of all grades.
- Technical scrambling course – get the technical and rope skills to protect harder scrambling and mountaineering routes.
- Rock climbing courses & guiding – the next step up for those who want to get into the steep stuff.
Price and Dates: Prices are listed in the table below. Courses can be arranged at a time that suits you. If you are on your own and prefer not to have a 1:1 course, please let us know, and we’ll try to connect you with other like-minded individuals.
For more information or to make a booking, click here, or call us on 07702 942980.
|Course length (private courses)||Price per person|
|2-day introductory course|
4-day comprehensive course
|1 person (1:1) £395
2 people (1:2) £220
1 person (1:1) £795
2 people (1:2) £440
Ages and Abilities: We cater to all ages and abilities, from beginners to those keen to progress to more challenging grades.
Group Sizes and Ratios: Safety is our top priority, and the maximum instructor to client ratio we work with is 1:2. If your party exceeds 2 people, we will provide additional instructors.
Venue: We will select a venue that fits with your ambitions and minimises travel time. Numerous options are available in the Lake District, Snowdonia, and Scotland.
Kit: We will provide you with a kit list upon booking, but all you really need is warm and waterproof outdoor clothing and footwear. We can provide harnesses, helmets, and rock gear if you don’t have them. It is however recommended to use your own equipment under our expert guidance so that you can become more familiar with it. We will provide all ropes.
Times: We typically meet around 09:15 and finish by about 16:30. However, we believe in customised, tailored experiences and will work around your schedule and time constraints.
Vouchers can be bought for all of our courses and experiences for your friends & family to redeem at their leisure. Buy a voucher
Want some free instruction? Head over to our new YouTube channel where we post regular videos. Click here to learn