Guided scrambling in the Lake District, Snowdonia & Scotland
Looking for a thrilling adventure that bridges the gap between mountain walking and climbing? Try one of the UK’s classic graded scrambles with Lakeland Ascents. Scrambling involves using hands and feet to climb up and over rocky terrain, and we offer guided scrambling journeys at all grades, from Grade 1 to a technical and challenging Grade 3 upwards.
We have a vast knowledge of amazing scrambling routes in the Lake District and Snowdonia, and we pride ourselves on tailoring each guided scrambling day to your personal ambitions. If you have a particular scramble in mind, we can guide you on it. Otherwise, we have plenty of suggestions for ‘must-do’ guided scrambling days, including:
- The Helvellyn Traverse via Striding Edge, the summit plateau, and Swiral Edge (G1)
- Blencathra (aka Saddleback) via Sharp Edge and Halls Fell Ridge (G1)
- Tarn Crag, Harrison Stickle, and Pavey Ark excursion in Langdale (G2)
- Slab and Notch Route on Pillar, the least accessible of the ‘Nuttalls’ and the ‘Birketts’ (G3)
- Pinnacle Ridge on St. Sunday Crag (G3)
- Corvus and Cam Crag Ridge in Borrowdale (G3+/Diff)
- Tryfan via the North Ridge (G1)
- Crib Goch, the ‘only’ way to climb Snowdon (G1)
- Bastow Buttress on the East Face of Tryfan (G2)
- Idwal Buttress and Cneifion Arete in Cwm Cneifion (G3)
- Dolmen Ridge on Glyder Fach (G3+)
In addition to guided scrambling, we offer a variety of other scrambling and mountaineering courses, such as our introduction to scrambling and mountaineering, a technical scrambling course, and also a variety of rock climbing courses and private guiding:
- Intro to scrambling and mountaineering – for those new to scrambling and mountaineering
- Technical scrambling course – get the skills to protect harder scrambling and mountaineering routes
- Rock climbing courses & guiding – the next step up for those who want to get into the steep stuff
Prices for a day of guided scrambling are shown in the table below.
Click here to make a booking or to find out more. You can also contact us by telephone on 07702 942980.
|Number of people||Price per person
- full day of guiding
Ages and Abilities: We cater to all ages and abilities, whether you’re new to scrambling and want to experience your first adventure, or if you’re an experienced mountaineer seeking to develop your skills or be guided on a harder route.
Group Sizes and Ratios: Your safety is our top priority, so we maintain a maximum instructor-to-client ratio of 1:2. If your party has more than two people, additional instructors will be present.
Venue: We choose a venue that suits your aspirations and minimises the travel required. We have plenty of options in the Lakes, Snowdonia, and Scotland.
Kit: We’ll share a kit list with you when you book, but essentially you’ll just need warm, waterproof ‘outdoor’ clothes and footwear. If you don’t have your own climbing harness, helmet, and shoes, don’t worry; you can borrow them from us for free.
Times: We usually meet at around 09:15 and are off the hill by roughly 16:30. However, we offer bespoke, tailored days and will do our best to accommodate your other commitments and time constraints.
Vouchers can be bought for all of our courses and experiences for your friends & family to redeem at their leisure. Buy a voucher
Want some free instruction? Head over to our new YouTube channel where we post regular videos. Click here to learn