Lake District guided walks
Leave the hassle and stress of navigation and route choice to us, and join our mountain guides for a privately guided, tailored walk in the fells of the Lake District. Our experienced mountain guides will take you on an exhilarating mountain walk, sharing their knowledge of the area and the flora and fauna you encounter, leaving you with more than just stunning views.
We can recommend routes suitable for all abilities and seasons, from challenging high-level days to meandering strolls through valleys and coves. During winter, you can hire crampons and an ice axe from us and receive instruction on their use as you explore the mountains under a blanket of snow.
At Lakeland Ascents, we pride ourselves on tailoring your day to your personal ambitions. You may already have an idea of your dream walk or the summit that you want to bag, but if not, here are some of our favorite Lake District guided walks to help whet your appetite:
- The Helvellyn Traverse, taking in Striding Edge, the summit plateau, and Swirral Edge
- The Langdale Pikes – Pike O’Stickle and Harrison Stickle from Langdale, including the remains of a Neolithic axe-factory and views of a perfectly formed glacial valley
- Crinkle Crags – possibly the most photographed skyline in the Lake District
- The Moseldale Horseshoe – taking in Yewbarrow, Pillar, and Red Pike, with expansive views of Wast Water and beyond
- Great Gable – great at any time of year, but particularly special on Remembrance Sunday when hundreds of walkers take to the summit for two minutes of mountain silence
- The Kentmere Horseshoe – experience one of the quieter, but no less exhilarating parts of the Lake District.
We also understand that hundreds of meters of ascent may not be for everyone. Sometimes the best views of the mountains can be enjoyed from the valleys, cwms, and corries. That’s why we can also offer you a range of low-level guided walks in the Lake District for you to choose from.
The price for a group of 1 or 2 is £180. You can add extra members for £40 per person. Get in touch for a bespoke price for bigger groups.
Click here to make a booking or to find out more. You can also contact us by telephone on 07702 942980
Ages and Abilities: We offer guided walks that cater to all ages and abilities, from shorter and more friendly walks to long and challenging high mountain outings. We can accommodate everyone, from children to the more mature.
Group Sizes and Ratios: We only run private, bespoke guided walks for you and your party. We do not run open sessions like some other providers. We prioritise your safety, and the maximum instructor-to-client ratio we will work with is 1:8. If your party is larger than 8 people, we will have more than one instructor.
Venue: We will select a venue that suits your aspirations and minimises the distance you need to travel. The Lake District fells offer us many options.
Kit: We will share a kit list with you when you book, but all you really need are warm and waterproof outdoor clothes and sturdy footwear.
Times: Generally, we meet at around 09:15 and descend from the hill by 16:30. However, we believe in providing bespoke, tailored days, so we will always do our best to work around your other commitments and time constraints.
Vouchers can be bought for all of our courses and experiences for your friends & family to redeem at their leisure. Buy a voucher
Want some free instruction? Head over to our new YouTube channel where we post regular videos. Click here to learn